• Surface Area: 33 Acres
The forty acre reservoir is inside the Woolly Hollow State Park. The Soil Conservation Service's first director is who the reservoir is named for.
Lake Bennett was developed by the Civilian Conservation Corp and Work Projects Administration during 1935. It was the first SCS project for the studies of controlling erosion and run off. Faulkner County obtained the deed when the project was finished. During this time it was known as Centerville Park.
In 1973 the land known as Wooly Hollow area became a state park. IN 1851 William Riley Woolly brought his family to Arkansas from Tennessee. They settled on land and his son build a log home in 1882.The cabin was moved to the current site during 1975 and restored.
The park is minutes away from a number of other Arizona attractions. Visitors to the area can stop to see the reservoir and take a look at the surrounding area without becoming overwhelmed. Additional information can be obtained by contacting Arizona's Parks and Recreations Department or the National Park Service. Anyone in the area should make it a point to stop at the park.